Calendars are a real lifesaver. We rely on this tool to remind us of what we need to do and to make sure we don’t overlook an important appointment. And while some people are natural-born organizers, there’s always this unfortunate chance of missing a thing or two. That being said, calendars can be really helpful, especially in your content marketing activities.
Growing Your Blog
Wouldn’t it be nice to own a blog that ran without bumps or hiccups along the way? There would be a process, a system, and a plan from the very beginning all the way to publication. You can have this kind of blog by using a content calendar. Below are the reasons why a content calendar is important.
- It Helps You Become Organized.
The thing about being human is that we’re naturally creative and can generate amazing ideas from scratch. However, these ideas are more often than not disorganized; so it’s not surprising if you have blog topics scattered across Evernote, Trello, Google Docs, or even your notebooks and Post-it notes.
If everything is scattered, you won’t be able to come up with one solid blog post that has all the information your readers need. If you keep a content calendar, however, every phase of writing a blog post will be organized in one tool, and you can keep track of topics and deadlines easily.
- It Shows What You Need to Write About Next
It may seem like a Herculean task, but creating a content calender with a month’s worth of tasks will help you big time. Using your content calendar, you’ll know at a glance what your next topic is, and what other topics needed to be covered in weeks to come. This will help you keep track of what your blog is currently lacking, so you won’t miss a subject or answer that your readers could be looking for.
- It Develops Consistency
While a new blog post everyday can be great, it may not be necessary all the time. What’s important in blog maintenance, however, is consistency. Assigning dates to each content and publishing them strategically and on schedule will maximize and sustain your audience. What you have to remember, though, is that your content calendar must be realistic, meaning, you have to make sure that you follow each item. Do not be a superhero and include deadlines and topics that you’ll have a hard time delivering.
Content Marketing Gems
Since many people already have their blogs and intend to earn money from them, you should not let yourself and your blog be left behind. Keep up with everyone in the competition through strategizing in capturing the interests of those in social networking sites and content sharing service providers.
You should keep your blog user-friendly in many ways. Provide them the information and entertainment they need while bridging to them using popular online activities today. Here are some tips to make your blog social networking- and content sharing-friendly.
- Focus on the content by making them sufficiently filled with information that readers want to know about a specific topic. Avoid being redundant and putting more information than an average reader can handle.
- Place images in the blog. Most people will be enticed by the content if they see an interesting introductory picture shared on social networking sites and similar platforms.
- Install plug-ins to your blog so that sharing will be easy for readers especially those who are not Internet savvy.
- At the end of your blog, express your willingness to have your work shared throughout the online thread. Do not forget to thank the readers, too, especially since you do not know who will share your work and who will not.